The Succession Wars Mod

https://www.facebook.com/thesuccessionwarsmod

http://kivoart.deviantart.com/

Forums

Forum Home > Mod Artwork > New subterranean

Orzie

By the way, I didn't think about swapping terrains at first. Feanor made an Era plugin which changed the default terrain for underground (i.e. Sand is now generated underground on random maps) without any other changes. This means that all Heroes 3 maps will still have Wasteland underground and we will have to change that manually.

However, with your words about swapping graphics, I started to think it may be a better solution. We can swap both graphics and music, and objects too. Perhaps this can be a better idea, but I need Feanor's consent on this point. The main advantage of this decision is that we will not have to re-draw underground terrain for all classic H1-H2-H3 maps, which we currently already have in amount of 50+ total.

--

Forums of Enroth

June 29, 2015 at 3:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cthulhu_55

Does it mean that standart H2 wasteland will be changed? Or that will be only new terrain? I think changing standart wasteland is not a very good idea.

July 1, 2015 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

No, orange wasteland will be still available, but now it won't replace H3 dungeon. Instead in dungeons will appear sand known from Enrothian beaches, which you can still use as a seaside.

It seems, that also desert should be replaced with wastelands, but it will have bad effect on ready maps. Instead I will recolour not matching objects and change values in zeobjct.

--
"They came from the depths of the Void,
an ancient Enemy of an ancient People..."
July 1, 2015 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Hey, that looks sweet. But please compare this crevice with original ones - I may be mistaken, but the shadows inside the crevice are darker in classic objects of this kind.

--

Forums of Enroth

July 1, 2015 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

The colours are the same, but I've darkened whole fissure a bit. Here are brighter and original for comparison with the last one.

--
"They came from the depths of the Void,
an ancient Enemy of an ancient People..."
July 2, 2015 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

2504 views - 0 comments
1918 views - 1 comment