The Succession Wars Mod

https://www.facebook.com/thesuccessionwarsmod

http://kivoart.deviantart.com/

Forums

Forum Home > Mod Artwork > Fonts & Interfaces

Orzie

Yeah, something like that. It needs more detail though.

I am actually thinking about the decrease of the button size, because we cannot expand OKAY letters further but the button still looks empty. I will make several examples today's evening and post here.

September 26, 2014 at 12:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

Modified window with aditional actions with new buttons. The boxes are empty now, but don't worry - I will fill them, once Orzie will done original bigfont.

I will put files in dropbox folder under names: Advopts, advdig, advinfo, advpuz, advturn, adview.

October 10, 2014 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Yeah, looking good - I will start making fonts today. I have looked through the defs, but why are there the 3rd cadres showing the old H3 icons? I mean the ones which are shaded.

I have finished the small font prototype. Also, I noticed some strange glitches with the new message window interface (the black line at the bottom).

By the way, what do you think about PoL font? I honestly like it a lot. Perhaps I will be able to use it as the BIGFONT, because we don't have a H2 prototype for the large font anyway.

October 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

Both the interface buttons and the PoL front look great in my opinion. It really brings back some H2 feeling which is so important for the mod. Great job btoh of you :)

October 11, 2014 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

The small font looks perfect! Sadly, I can't remember the PoL font. How does it look? Or maybe this one would be suitable?

This messaage window hasn't been done by me - it came from the old team. There are some more little bugs in other windows, I will try to fix them soon.

October 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Hmm, this one is also interesting. It's a part of the panel though - it might be quite tricky to convert it to monochrome-colored H3 font. But if we succeed, it would be nice.

The PoL font I meant looks like to be a font from my pirate disk, but it was nicely drawn. I will throw some examples later when I will find it lol.

October 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

Finally done...

--
"They came from the depths of the Void,
an ancient Enemy of an ancient People..."
October 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

It is really amazing to see! The letters fit to the backgrounds perfectly.

Do you have the separate letters? I think it;s time to try to compile BIGFONT. Yet, I guess it's the same font as MEDFONT's capital letters, but it seems that these gold letters are bigger. Or not?

--

By the way, I tested your new buttons in game. I thought you made the OKAY button in the single player menu, but for some reason it doesn't appear. But the CANCEL button is honestly perfect - it looks so smooth and delicate in comparison to what was before.

October 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

Work in progress:

--
October 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

So what do the yellow buttons from H1 mean actually?

October 31, 2014 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

We've got three types of buttons here: normal, pushed and selected. And yellow buttons appears just when we select something, for example here I chose M size map with subterranean, four computer and four human players, 3 human teams, 2 computer teams, random water content and random monster strength

--
October 31, 2014 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Hmm, well, looks okay I think. I actually planned three versions of interfaces - Good (Default), Evil and Neutral (based on Heroes 1 interface), but for now yellow buttons serve as a nice solution for chosen options.

And anyway, the interface change which I plan is intended only for gameplay, not for the main menu. Just like in Heroes 2.

October 31, 2014 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

A bit closer to the end

--
November 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Finally looking good. Now we will have to revise the bigfont, the difficulty pictures and a little more. By the way, we will restore the Yellow color to the mod instead of Tan.

November 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

Very good work. Looks very close to the original H2 style.

November 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Here is an option from HotA team leader with the newly resized button fonts.

November 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

I actually like Docent Picolan's option better. The letters look more fitting and sharp. They seem to fit the button sizes better and don't feel so overwhelming as the other ones. Still everything else is perfect! :)

November 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

I though not think that this is better than before:

I would agree that "Islands", "Normal" and "Strong" could be made a little bit smaller, but Docent's letters are way too small and don't match the other fonts sizes. They are also blury in contrast to our sharp letters.

November 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

For me - всё равно. If people think it looks better, probably it is. If something needs corection write here, it will help me find the right solution. For example, I can't asses, if the surface after buttons should be cut equaly to them, or stick out a bit. And what to do with dices? - I will have to bow on them especially.

I will post controversial buttons on dropbox, I think the best way to find a compromise will be common work.  And I'm happy, that this little screen involve people so much.

--
November 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

The dices are okay in size, I will probably put some pixel polishment there. What Docent Picolan wanted to say is that the letters should be of the maximum readable size, not interacting with the borders of the button. His "example" was just to show, we will anyway have to make the buttons. However, we already have the letters, so the work will be a lot easier. Your buttons from the game menu "Continue Game" etc. are perfect or close to perfect I think.

November 15, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

2530 views - 0 comments
1943 views - 1 comment