The Succession Wars Mod

https://www.facebook.com/thesuccessionwarsmod

http://kivoart.deviantart.com/

Forums

Forum Home > Mod Artwork > Fonts & Interfaces

Orzie

Yeah, Sir Albe is perfectly right. Such interfaces are the reason why we don't need to copy Heroes 2 solutions.

February 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Uhm, I am planning to make a video with the demonstration of new artifact system while OxFEA is preparing the needed programming features. We can also feature your interface changes on the video. Do you have any drafts for the Hero Inventory screen? It is crucial to update it before making the video, so I will participate in the interface fixes too.

By the way, Kivo also had some adventure map interface fixes regarding the right panel with castle icons. I will try to contact him and get those fixes because they look much better and ergonomic. The castle icons fit much more now.

February 6, 2015 at 6:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

I started adding standard Heroes 2 flags to Mod, but new colours are hard to recognise in new enviroment. What do you think about bigger flags? The gif doesn't play properly, but the flag flutter quiet good.

Orzie, I don't know if you checked up to date folder, about month ago I put there all my files. If something is missing or need revision, write here, I will try to do it as quick as possible for trailer.

--
"They came from the depths of the Void,
an ancient Enemy of an ancient People..."
February 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

By the way, we don't need to use Tan anymore. We can use the Yellow color which was in Heroes 2. Also, we are thinking about using Black color instead of Turquoise because it's barely different from Blue in Heroes 2 graphic style. We can use every color we actually want because it's implementable via programming.

Yes, I saw all the files, and I even posted some interface developments on DF2, but people were against white numbers on a grey background.

Btw, something strange happens with your colors. They definitely don't look like in H2, it's more like that their quality is broken for some reason.

February 23, 2015 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tibor0803

Rebecca's flag is overidealized and not looking H2-ish at all. Turn it back to H2 flag like the others. (Except the H3-ish one) Also the town and hero flags are not harmonising to each other.

February 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

Update:

Changed tavern:

All heroes flags are now animated, I hope there won't be any problem with recognising colours. Maybe we can use characters from H1 to create new classes?

--
March 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

I don't think we need new classes. We can easily make all 16 heroes belonging to one class using programming. We can also give special class name/hero exterior to some heroes if we wish. I had plans for Lord Corlagon and making him Death Knight because he is a campaign character.

March 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

I don't really know if I like your proposal better than the current one:

I am though sure that I prefer the current Theives Guild button and not a H2 styled version of the H3 button. It is hard enough to see what it should represent in H3 and it is unfortunatly even harder when drawn H2 style. The video is though much better and fits the atomsphere better, so big applasue for that :) Also I am very happy to see all flags have been animated and given very beutiful colors. That is a very great feature, so thank you for that. I would though not like the idea of new "classes". The only thing that makes sense to me is, as Orzie says, to make for instance Corlagon a "Death" Knight.

March 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

It is definitely better because white letters on a beige background are not very well distinguishable. It's the first rule of design.

I only doubt about the current frames around the hero portraits. They are too bright in my opinion, but I have no particular idea for them currently.

Also, the new buttons are awesome.

March 18, 2015 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

Well, I know not much about design, but I just think the previous one resembled the H2-style better. It might be because the classical pillar interface is used when buying a hero in H2 instead of the "stone/wall" interface. It just feels more correct to me.

Also maybe the tavern animation from H2 would be better than the one Uhm has suggested. Just an idea:

March 18, 2015 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

I tried to mix what I find most appealing from the two versions. Please note that I haven't changed the font some placeses as well as a too dark background for the barkeeper tip box. Do you think it works out with the red boxes or is it a bad idea?

March 18, 2015 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Red just doesn't fit to such bright beige color. Uhm's variant has much softer color contrasts.

I understand that you would want to save that beige interface because it looks closer to what you are used to in Heroes 2, but Uhm's recent work features the darker interfaces. The town hall menu is also not like you show, it's already dark as well as the resource panel.

Moreover, the current beige background is made very roughly, you can easily see where the copy and paste operations were done.

The beige color should be somehow saved for message windows (the ones with text on adventure map). It will be very hard to do that already. Auxiliary windows such as tavern window, dwelling windows, etc., don't specifically need the bright background. Heroes 2 widely uses darker brown interfaces as well.

March 18, 2015 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

That is alright. I have no problem with Uhm's variant and I think you are right that the beige interface should be saved for message windows, since it woulnd't create problems with the text there and will work the same way as in H2.

"The town hall menu is also not like you show, it's already dark as well as the resource panel." Could you please elaborate on this? The only town hall menu I have showed is from H2, if that is what you mean?

March 18, 2015 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Yes. The old mod version also has the beige backgrounds for the town hall menu, and it looks awful.

About the message windows - they actually DO create problems with text. But I wouldn't like to create darker message windows, because beige message windows are a thing which actually makes the Heroes 2 atmosphere. I don't know yet how to fix the font problem.

March 19, 2015 at 3:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

You propperbly already chosed the first varaiant by Uhm, which is just fine, but I just want to give this last input on the tavern window:

I switch out the red colored boxes since they, as said, didn't fit the beige interface at all, but I think darker versions of the exsisting boxes looks quiet good. Please assume all text is written in the H2 font. Still I am not upset at all if we decide to use Uhm's variant, since it is very good.

March 19, 2015 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

Work on High score table:

Issues:

1.Too big letters on buttons?

2. The lower border of the frame should be lower to prevent monsters from "stepping on" it or could it stay as it is?

--
May 21, 2015 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tibor0803

uhm, rather stay as it is. Heroes 3 imp won't appear in the nww beta I guess, there should be a normal H2-ish size imp or 1st level heretic creature replacement both on scoreboard and on the global map.

May 21, 2015 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

The letters are just the right size in my opinion. In addition, the shadows are very good looking and the overall look is great! I am afraid we have to edit the lower border. It won't help even when the imp is H2-styled since it only is positioned lower, just look at all the creatures already H2-styled. The only solution without editing the border is to move all the graphics up, but I am not sure it is possible since they won't fit the adventure map then. I would though wish the border could stay, but it seems inevitable.

May 22, 2015 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Everything looks good I think. The only thing I worry about is that the creatures are too close to the right edge of the picture, but we may probably not have a solution at this time. Whatever, for v0.8 beta it looks pretty amazing.

May 22, 2015 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

uhm

Okay, I will lower the border. The creatures are indeed to close to the right edge, but displacement rather won't help

May 22, 2015 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

2504 views - 0 comments
1918 views - 1 comment