The Succession Wars Mod

https://www.facebook.com/thesuccessionwarsmod

http://kivoart.deviantart.com/

Forums

Forum Home > Mod Artwork > Palm Heroes: Unused Artifacts

Orzie

The developers of Palm Kingdoms contacted me recently via VK mod page and offered to use their unreleased graphics. This is awesome - you can shoot your ideas in this topic, which artifact can do which effect.

To see the full size, just copy the image URL and see it in a new window.

November 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

Very kind of the developers, but I don't think the art style is right. They don´t really have the right H2-look. I did rather see that the team created some new graphics. Those new artifacts already in the mod have just the right look imo, so I think we should make some new graphics ourselves or edit these to make them have the right look and colors.

November 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

Sir Albe at November 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Very kind of the developers, but I don't think the art style is right. They don´t really have the right H2-look. I did rather see that the team created some new graphics. Those new artifacts already in the mod have just the right look imo, so I think we should make some new graphics ourselves or edit these to make them have the right look and colors.

However, you must admit that there is already A LOT of graphics taken from Palm Heroes. And artifacts too.

From my point, I think we can take at least those gloves (because we don't have any gloves except Armored Gauntlets). Other artifact might not be of so much usefulness. Kivo will decide.

Moreover, we can always redraw some artifacts to make them fit in the mod more.

November 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

I am sorry about that. I actually didn´t know that some of the artifacts already in the mod is from Palm Heroes, because these artifacts are great. But I still think we should at least rework some of them a bit, but anyway you are right that we need some more gloves.

November 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LordCam

Quick question, What are the limitations of item powers? Should we assume that the programmers (When they come) can do anything?

November 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Orzie

LordCam at November 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Quick question, What are the limitations of item powers? Should we assume that the programmers (When they come) can do anything?

Well, we'd better devise more generic effects, like stat bonuses and/or spell immunities. If there will be a bonus which was never implemented in H3 before, it has a big chance to stay as a pipe dream. However, if you got interesting ideas, you should post them nevertheless.

--

Forums of Enroth

November 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yhy_jasne

i've got an idea, to make them balanced. and the old ones too

--

Maciej T.

November 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LordCam

A few suggestions for the artefacts. I recommend you have a second window with the artefacts opened to the side :).

From top left to right

1. Circlet of Chaos and Order: Takes away one from top primary ability and gives it to lowest. If all equal then increase wisdom by one.

2. Death Knight's Blade: +2 Attack and +10% skill in necromancy

3. Amber Amulet: 5% chance that enemy spells will be reflected.

4. The Carpet of the Gypsy King: Increases speed on land by 50%

5. Champion Blade : All units gain +2 initiative (if still applicable) otherwise +1 speed

6. Ring of Earth: Reduces price of earth magic by 20%

7. Ring of Water: Reduce price of water magic by 20%

8. Ring of Fire: Reduce price of fire magic by 20%

9. Dagger of the Marauder: Enemy has -1 defence in battle.

10. Treatise on Ballistic Warfare: increase level of ballistics by one.

11. Sultan's Turban: Increase power and knowledge by +2

12. Medallion of the Unicorn: Gain 1-2 unicorns per week

13. Fierabras's Might: Units do 5% more damage against evil armies.

14. Wand of Empowerment:Spells do 5% more damage.

15. Scimitar of Swiftness:+2 attack.

16. Scrying Mirror: Gives the "Visions" spell as a permanent ability.

17. Gladius of the Sturdy: +1 Attack, +1 Defence, and +2 health to all units.

18. Ruby Ring: +1 gem/day

19. Petrification Potion: Gives hero paralysis spell. (Based on Medusa ability or H2 Cyclops)

20. Hexagram of Banishment: No creatures may be summoned in battle by either side.

21. Draught of Speed: +1 move to all of heroes units

22. Vial of Mana: +3 to maximum Mana.

23. Defenders Shield: +5% damage reduction.

24. Seal of the Cross: People trust and believe in you, flocking to your banner. +5-10 lv.3 creatures per week of hero type.

25. Looks like Rabbit's Foot to me: +1 to luck.

26. Venomous Vial: All opponents have -1 health in battle.

27. Sword of the Duelist: -2 defence +6 attack.

28. Healer's Aide: increase level of healing tent skill (I cannot remember its name) by one.

29. Sceptre of Heroes: Leadership improved one rank and +2 morale.

30. Glacial boots: Water spells do 5% more damage and all units gain "Protection From Water" at start of battle.

31. Unadorned Ring: All bonuses artefacts give in battle are negated on both sides.

32. Ring of the Ever Vigilant: Grants Expert Scouting

33. Wraith Blade: +2 Power +2 attack.

34. Mage-Hunter Glove: All spells on both sides do 20% less damage in battle.

35. Flask of Hellfire: (Something to do with Heritic when they come out?)

36. Seacloak: Embarking/disembarking boats only takes half of total hero movement. (I would say take only as much needee to move the one space, but I believe the Admiral's Hat does that already.)/ Alternate: Beggar's Cloak, get 250 gold per turn.

37. Portrait of Home: Hero may move to the nearest castle as though by the "Town Portal" Spell.

38. Ring of Air: Reduce price of air magic by 20%

39. Rough-spun Gloves: Hero gains +10% movement in rough terrain.

40. Winged Mace: +2 attack, casts prayer at battle start; or teaches hero prayer and or reduces the cost.

January 18, 2014 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Albe

You have some really good ideas indeed, but I am affraid many of them aren't possible to code, but I don't know. I have no experience in programming.

January 18, 2014 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LordCam

About half way through I looked at the ERM coding page to get an idea of what is possible, and I think you are right, but I left them in there just in case.

January 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gepoj789

Is nice.

January 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.